Thursday 16 August 2012

MAC Studio Fix Fluid + Prep and Prime

MAC studio fix fluid - £20.50 buy here
MAC prep and prime primer - £19.50 buy here
Real Techniques Stippling brush - £11.99 buy here

I've had these products for quite some time now so i thought i'd write a quick post about them!
I decided to buy the foundation and primer because i wanted a nice full coverage foundation to wear when i'm doing something good e.g. shopping, going out etc. Basically everything other than work! For work i use drug store foundations (rimmel 24hour currently) just because i don't particularly want to spend loads of money going through expensive foundation just to wear to work.
I decided to buy the primer because i'd read such good things about it and i needed a good primer to help set my make-up as i was finding my make-up just wasn't staying on throughout the day. MAC's prep and prime is a really nice primer, it's unscented, it's silky smooth and doesn't feel heavy on your skin, it also has a small amount of glitter in it which just makes your skin glisten slightly. I've used it with a couple of foundations and i have found it does help your make-up stay on longer, it also helps your foundation blend much nicer so you don't end up looking cakey.

The foundation is also a great product. It has a matte finish which is perfect for when your going out because your skin looks completely flawless. MAC states that it's a medium buildable coverage but i think it's an extremely high coverage foundation which is why i would recommend wearing it with a primer just to help it blend. I use the real techniques stippling brush to apply the foundation because i think it gives the best finish, you only need a very small amount of product and it covers a huge area. I've tried using a foundation brush which i don't think works as well because it leaves some streaks, fingers would be fine for day wear but to get a flawless finish it definitely needs to be buffed into the skin. I would recommend this foundation so so much for people with oily skin, i sometimes get an oily t-zone which is why i like a matte foundation but even when my skin is normal the foundation still looks good, i use a highlighter on my cheeks and brow bones to make my skin look brighter and healthier. I can't say whether it would be any good for people with dry skin because i don't ever really get it. So, overall i would say these products work really well together, it has good coverage, a flawless finish and last's a fair amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment