Tuesday 17 July 2012

Illamasqua bronzer


illamasqua powder foundation in 215 - Selfridge's £21.50
 
Before i went to Cyprus i went make-up shopping with my friend Jodie who did make-up at uni, we obviously went to MAC which is probably my favorite make-up especially for the make up i use on my face. I use MAC studio fix foundation and studio fix powder, just because i think it sits well on my face for the whole day/night, especially when i put on the mac 'prep and prime' primer first, it makes the foundation easier to blend and fills in my pours. 
ANYWAY, what i actually went shopping for was to buy a good bronzer, initially i wanted Nars Laguna but in the end i went with the illamasqua foundation in a darker shade which was recommended by the make-up artist at the counter. I really really like this product, i'm so glad i went with Jodie who knows so much about make-up and was the only reason i went to illamasqua, i'd never really thought about looking at the make up from there before. I like that this is matte and not shimmer, i didn't want a shimmer bronzer for all over my face and thats all i could find anywhere (which is the reason the make-up artist showed me this) the actual bronzer by illamasqua is a duo, which is nice but it's shimmer. I think all over shimmer can look nice but when i'm on holiday i prefer to use a matte colour all over and then use a highlighter for my cheeks, just because it's so hot in Cyprus and i don't think it's a good look when you have a patchy sweaty/shimmery face in all your photos! 
Overall i think this is a really nice bronzer, it's dark but not too dark and it's natural looking. It come's with a little sponge applicator but i applied it with a brush instead because i think it gives a better finish, and you only have to use a small amount to get enough colour all over, i'd definitely buy this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment