Wednesday 18 July 2012

CND shellac mani and pedi


CND Shellac gel

Last week i went with my brothers girlfriend to get a shellac mani and pedi. This is a gel manicure which is supposed to last for 2 weeks without chipping, peeling, scratching etc. I've only taken pictures of my nails because my toes are exactly the same colour so i thought why get my toes out if i don't need to? I dont acutally know the name of the colour i chose but it's in a pinky/milky matte bottle, possible the third bottle from the left in the top picture. I assumed that the colour would be the same as the colour on the bottle but NO it came out a kind of natural translucent milky colour, which i do like but it's not the colour i chose! The colour's aren't really much to choose from, they seem quite old fashioned colours e.g. red shimmer, purple shimmer and green shimmer. I actually went in wanting a dark brown but they didn't have one! 

I went to get it done in one of the salons in the jewellery quarter but i can't remember the name (bad) but it was called something devine anyway. The staff were really nice and the actual shellac gel went on lovely, dries instantly etc. For the pedicure you soak your feet first in a foot massager thing (cant remember what it's called) and you get a little foot scrub. When she was doing my toes it was fine but when she did my nails OH MY GOD, she filed my skin and everything, you can see on the pictures, the finger next to my thumb has broken skin around it, this is from the filing, she slit the side of my finger with the nail file and it bled, she then put surgical spirit on the cut to clean it which realllly stung! Apart from that it was fine, it's quite neat, except for round the edges which i think is because she was rushing. 

Overall, i do think this is quite good, the price ranges from around £20 for hands and then another £20 for your feet which i don't think is bad because i've had mine on for a week now and they're still in perfect condition, the only thing i would say is check the inside colour before you decide on just looking at the bottles because they differ a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment